From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Charles Mills [charl...@mcn.org]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Friday Follies/Why won't this work?/TSO Rant #387

We have a winner! You've got it about 90%.

The clue is in the subject line -- this is actually a TSO rant.

TSO uppercases commands so "CART" MyCart becomes effectively "CART
MYCART01".

GETMSG is an ordinary Rexx function so parameters are passed "as-is," and RC
= GETMSG('MYMSGS.','SOL',MyCart,,1) becomes effectively
RC = GETMSG('MYMSGS.','SOL','MyCart01',,1).

The two CARTs do not match, and no messages are retrieved.

I think it is *possible* that you could solve the problem by quoting the
CART but I have not tested. Something like "CART" "'"||MyCart||"'" .

Charles