Jerry, I don't have the type of setup you have but I'll list a few things I
might look at.

Move the CONTENTION NOTIFYING SYSTEM from your TEST lpar to your MVSZ lpar,
assuming MVSZ is your production lpar.  This process can add overhead to GRS
and on a small lpar it can be noticeable.  The process will move around based
on which lpar gets IPLed and GRS will not move it back.  So we issue the SETGRS
CNS=PR03,NP command on our PR03 lpar anytime it is IPLed.

Sample of what it looks like on the SYSLOG.
SETGRS CNS=PR03,NP
ISG364I CONTENTION NOTIFYING SYSTEM MOVED FROM SYSTEM TS03 TO SYSTEM
PR03. OPERATOR COMMAND INITIATED.

I'm going to guess that the ICF1 and ICF2 lpars may not be getting dispatched
as well as you might hope.  You might see this in the response times of the CF
links or in requests getting switched from synchronous to asynchronous.  So
that could affect how well they respond to things.

Another thing to think about is the size of your IGWLOCK00 structure.  The size
will be different base on your environment as compared to what I have.  I was
not the one to size our IGWLOCK00 structure so I'm not much help there.

You could try to move some of the XCF traffic off of the CFs and on to CTCs to
see if that helps any.  Just a guess.

Also if the TEST lpar is not getting dispatched when needed that can cause
issues for things like GRS and XCF and their ability to respond to request.

I hope that some of this is helpful.  Good luck.

Thanks..

Paul Feller
GTS Mainframe Technical Support