From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Ze'ev Atlas [0000004b34e7c98a-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 6:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Reading a dump

I admit that I am rusty and did not look at any dump for decades, and when I
did I was coding either Assembler or COBOL and I knew how to decipher the
thing.I am porting a C library libxc to classic z/OS and it compiles cleanly
(most of it, at least).  As is implied by the description, most users of that
thing are running it on Linux or Windows.  Maybe a few on Unix machines.
I tried to run its modules on my z/OS machine (genuine IBM, z/OS 2.4),  and I
get S0C4, with nice SYSUDUMP!
I have no idea how to begin to look and I am afraid that I compiled it with
wrong options.  Is there any C maven in the audience that could please try to
guide me where to begin looking.
I tried to avoid compiling it as dll (that much I sort of knew) but I am not
sure any more.
Ze'ev Atlas