From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Edgington, Jerry [jerry.edging...@westernsouthernlife.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 7:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SMP/e maintenance methodologies

Hello everyone,

I am looking for SMP/e methodologies about a couple of situations within SMP/e.
 Just looking for how people do SMP/e maintenance in certain situations.

1)      What methodology is employed to get to a clean Apply Check, when you
outstanding Error Holds? APARs without PTFs, local fix or work arounds?
2)      For Apply check, what PARMs do you use?  Select, FixCat, Bypass, etc?

I was taught a SMP/e methodology, many years ago, but just wondering if there
might be a better way.

Thanks,
Jerry Edgington