From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Gadi Ben-Avi [gad...@malam.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Installing Java

Hi,
When I ordered z/OS v2.4, I only ordered the 64 bit version of Java.
When we tried to start PFA, it failed. A quick search showed that PFA requires
the 31 bit version of java.
I ordered it using shopzseries.
The resulting package was over 13GB.
It looks like I have the base version and over 50 PTF's that upgrade it to the
current version.

Can I prevent SMP/E from installing all of those versions, and just install the
final fix?
>From past experience I know that each PTF is a full replacement of the who
>java SDK.

Gadi