On 7/1/20 10:19 PM, Brian Westerman wrote:
You can join developerworks and license z/PDT, which is what I and most people do. It's not that expensive, and it won't kill you like buying that big old Harley-Davidson will.

Does joining DevelperWorks change the pricing?

Because z/PDT (or whatever it's called today) is quite expensive, particulalry for hobbyists / students.

I priced it out a few years ago and it was $5,000 per year or $10,000 one time w/o any support or updates.

That's decidedly outside of the reach of most hobbyists.

Buying physical equipment and powering it can be less expensive than that.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die