From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Grant Taylor
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 1:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Migrate z/OS DASD volumes from Mainframe to Hercules Environment

On 7/1/20 10:19 PM, Brian Westerman wrote:
> You can join developerworks and license z/PDT, which is what I and
> most people do.  It's not that expensive, and it won't kill you like
> buying that big old Harley-Davidson will.

Does joining DevelperWorks change the pricing?

Because z/PDT (or whatever it's called today) is quite expensive, particulalry
for hobbyists / students.

I priced it out a few years ago and it was $5,000 per year or $10,000 one time
w/o any support or updates.

That's decidedly outside of the reach of most hobbyists.

Buying physical equipment and powering it can be less expensive than that.

attachments from your system.