I think you'd be disappointed in FAMS, I still don't think it would help.
We all wonder why it's a secret, because there ain't that much to it.
IEBCOPY and the LISTDSI command pretty much expose all there is.

After looking at your old program, I'd give it at least 50-50 odds for
working with PDSEs.  I think your worst case would be to abandon QSAM
fiddling and just provide GET/PUT functions.  You could probably make that
much more seamless in REXX than in PL/I.

sas