Mike, Alan, and Ed,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm retired, so really have no need for
compression. What I am doing is trying to help Don Higgins with enhancements to
z390. He suggested that I start with the compression/decompression instruction.
When I looked up the instruction in PofOp (SA22-7832-12), I found the reference
to SA22-7208 on page xxx, where it states "The z/Architecture form of the
COMPRESSION CALL" instruction is described in this publication". Wanting to be
complete, I assumed that I also needed that manual. Maybe I don't. PofOp
"Appendix D. Compression Call Facility" may be enough.

Ed: Is PofOp the doc you mean?

I may have bitten off more than I can chew.