I was playing with flash-copy and I came across something I have not seen before as it relates to the VOL1 label on some DASD and I can't find it documented anywhere.

At the very end of the VOL1 record, starting at offset x'48' (decimal position 73-80).
On pack 558, I am seeing "D84B EEEB0558 0559"
On pack 55F, I am seeing "D84B B20D055F 0558"

I am sure these areas are related to some flash copy testing I am doing as the last 4 bytes seem to be source-CCUU and dest-CCUU for some flash testing and I am seeing them on packs that are involved with flash-copy (both source and dest).

Does anybody know of any doc on these fields?

Tony Thigpen