Good day to all DFSORT gurus,

Ok, I was not into these discussion lists for a time, was busy with 1001 other
things..

Question: Is it possible to use SS ('Substring Search') where I search for
variety of formats, like this one:

With input (sitting "anywhere" in a record):

----3---
 1 ABCDE
0F0CCDDC
11581797

... I want to use SS to search for above input:

----+----1----+----2----+----3----+
1,500,SS,EQ,X' 'C'1'X' 'C'ABCDE'
F6FFF6EE6CD6E707C7F7E707C7CCCCC7
1B500B22B58B7D1D3D1D7D5D3D12345D

I want to search for four terms: X'01' and C'1' and X'05' and C'ABCDE'. All
these 4 terms are next to each other.

You Assembler gurus should immediately see that I want search 4 terms where the
term 1 and term 3 are having the lengths of term 2 and term 4.

I have a source file where I am having different such sets of 4 terms, like
term 2 is 3 characters long and term 4 is say 3 characters long, but I need to
select only these records where term 2 is 1 character long and term 4 is 5
characters long.

Is it possible with DFSORT (and ICETOOL)?

This is easy to program, but dataset is large (define "large" ;-D ) and I want
to have one single pass with several SS statements.

Many thanks in advance.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht