On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 20:27:10 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Well, here there's nothing to escalate; I've generally gotten good responses
>from RCFs.

Submitted as below.  Has anyone suggestions for additions?

Hello, MHVRCFs,

Neither z/OS Version 2 Release 4 TSO/E REXX Reference
   IBM SA32-0972-40
nor z/OS Version 2 Release 4 Using REXX and z/OS UNIX System Services
   IBM SA23-2283-40
mentions that the SDSF command environment ("ADDRESS SDSF")
is available under IRXJCL and Unix System Services.  I have
used ADDRESS SDSF in both contexts.  I suspect this function
is provided intentionally by IBM with intent to support it.
z/OS Version 2 Release 4 SDSF User's Guide IBM
   SC27-9028-40
mentions only that it's available under TSO, not IRXJCL nor
UNIX System Services.

I find UNIX and IRXJCL mentioned somewhat obliquely in
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg247419.pdf
... but a Redbook is not where most programmers would
seek such documentation.

The availability of "ADDRESS SDSF" under UNIX and IRXJCL
should be mentioned in a Reference manual.

More generally, should the availability of a command
environment be documented in a Rexx manual such as
SA32-0972-40 or SA23-2283-40, or in the manual describing
the commands such as SC27-9028-40?  An incomplete list
such as in SA32-0972-40 or SC27-9028-40 is likely to
mislead programmers.

Thanks,
gil