On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 22:44:27 +0000, Jerry Whitteridge wrote:

>IBM Standard Answer #3 - It Depends
>
>I'd agree that normally a single user would not have his own dedicated catalog
>and we would normally group aliases to catalogs on some standard process
>(Business/Application/Function or similar) but I've also known some apps/users
>that have unique requirements that I gave them a dedicated catalog.

Doesn't that depend on the data set prefix rather than the user name?  (But
IBM recommends that they be the same.)  Regardless, your user may want
to access data sets with other than her own prefix, e.g. SYS1, not NEWUSER.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:02:13 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>Now I have some UNIX file permissions problem but let me hack on that for a
>while.

Pick a UID carefully.  If your shop also has UNIX systems, use the same UID
for all.  Makes NFS work better.

-- gil