From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Steve Smith <sasd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL EMAIL: How get a user to use his own catalog rather than
master?

There's not much benefit to debating the semantics of "integrity".  Nobody
who doesn't thoroughly understand catalog management should be able to
update the master catalog, because you can easily destroy the system by
removing critical dataset entries.  Much more typically, it just fills up
with junk.

sas