The pipe name is a data set name.

The scheduling problem is real: How to ensure two jobs run at the same
time. I would propose common predecessors and common successors. Some of
these might be dummy operations.

Actually, sorts are nice cases as they often read data that has been
freshly created or create data that is just about to be read sequentially.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

Systems Investigator & Performance Troubleshooter, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: https://mainframeperformancetopics.com

Mainframe, Performance, Topics Podcast Series (With Marna Walle):
https://anchor.fm/marna-walle

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_65HaYgksbF6Q8SQ4oOvA