Listers:
We are at z/os 2.4
We are implementing FTPS. We want the FTPS server stc to listen on port
5521 and we want the connections
to be explicit (vs implicit).
We have coded in the fTP server parms TLSPORT 0 to avoid forcing implicit.
When we try to connect to the server the client ftp waits on the following
message:
             EZA1554I Connecting to:   10.1.1.72 port: 5521.
While the server waits with message:
            FR2724 authClientAttls: Start TLS handshake
I have read that the client is waiting for message 220 (Hello message?)
from the server.
It's as if both client and server are expecting some reply from the other.
They just hang until they timeout.
Other parameters we specify are:
SECURE_FTP        ALLOWED
TLSMECHANISM      ATTLS
SECURE_MECHANISM  TLS
SECUREIMPLICITZOS FALSE
TLSPORT           0

Can we use port 5521 (and not 21) for explicit connection?
Do we have to use port 21?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

--
Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)