I just noticed that we have not been running the HWIBCPII task. It looks like
it was never configured. I went back a year ago so this is nothing new. It does
appear that System Automation is able to use the services without the task:

ING815I BCPII CONNECT FROM A09NO/AUTHW002 TO CPC F5/./IBM390PS.F5  RETURNED:
SUCCESS

but XCF is not:

SYSTEM STATUS DETECTION PARTITIONING PROTOCOL ELIGIBILITY:  SYSTEM CANNOT
TARGET OTHER SYSTEMS.

I am preparing to configure it to start running and have done some simple
testing on our sandbox but I wonder if there are any known risks in starting up
the HWIBCPII task.  OK to run on GDPS K-lpars?