Under TSO/E you must call IRXINIT with a module name table that specifies
your replacement module for IRXTERM.  Your replacement module can choose to
call IRXTERM (acting as a front-end filter), or not call IRXTERM at all.
For non-TSO/E environments there are some other ways.  There is a rather
long list of the replaceable modules that are allowed by Rexx, luckily it
includes IRXTERM.