From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 1:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: JES2 message $HASP375 Estimate exceeded

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 19:04:46 +0000, Mark Jacobs wrote:

>Look at your jes2parm for what the limits are set at. I've seen messages for
>lines exceeded and later KBYTES in the same job log once that limit was
>reached. I assume that pages are specifically meant for fully composed AFP
>data and lines for line mode data.

What happens if a program writes millions of lines print-nospace to a
composed AFP data spool file?  Might that generate tens of megabytes,
exceeding the KBYTES limit with PAGES 1?

How does an AFP data spool file appear viewed with SDSF?  Does it matter
if the terminal has graphic capability?

I might expect desktop AFP viewers, most likely for Windows.

Ideally for portability, graphic spool files should be in a common format
such as PDF (MacOS appear to do that), PostScript, SVG, ...

-- gil