> Thank you, I had read this. I expect that doing this will return me
> to the CEEDUMP behavior I had the other sort product. I was hoping
> for an option where the DFSORT termination would continue on to the
> LE termination. That was my specific question. Will, or can I get the
CEEDUMP?

Dave,

Generally if you have an error in COBOL , then Language environment  SPIE
takes over and generates the CEEDUMP.  So if your shop has IBM-supplied
default  TRAP(ON,SPIE) , you would get CEEDUMP.

> I still think I am better off setting ESTAE=NO as a default. I would
> rather my programmers can fix the error from the first run, rather
> than needing another failing run with debug options.

If you intend to go with turning of ESTAE , then make sure that you only do
it for ICEAM2 environment so that only program invoked sorts have their
ESTAE disabled. Please do not turn it off for ICEAM1 environment.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation