I know that I can direct the output of a command, such as DISPLAY, to a
specific console using something like D A,L,L=consname . But is there a way
to direct it only to SYSLOG? I have a CA-OPS/MVS message rule which issues
a DISPLAY command. I had  to put a L=specific_console because I got the
following:

IGD007I COMMAND REJECTED 205
TARGET CONSOLE (DEFAULT IS MASTER CONSOLE) IS NOT ACTIVE

To add insult to injury, I cannot figure out which console is the MASTER
CONSOLE .  The command D C,L doesn't seem to tell me that. And all but 3
of my consoles show up as ACT-LIH1 where LIH1 is the sysname of my single
z/OS system.

This is on z/OS 1.12 (which  we are assured will die in about 6 months)