And for programs that do not prohibit duplicates themselves, I remember writing a short program that I would include as the top step in an STC that checked for a duplicate address space name, and would spit out a message and abend if it found another already running.

On 11/23/2020 10:44 AM, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
An example of duplicate STCs is 'INIT'. No action is required to run an
unlimited number of initiators. As someone else pointed out, a particular STC
may and often does prohibit duplicates in its own code, but that is not an MVS
limitation.

.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
323-715-0595 Mobile
626-543-6132 Office ⇐=== NEW
robin...@sce.com

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Wasik
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 7:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Running same stc in a LPAR

*** EXTERNAL EMAIL - Use caution when opening links or attachments ***

You can allow duplicate jobs to run based on JOBCLASS (DUPL_JOB=DELAY|NODELAY
as of z/OS 1.7 - 2005), at a system level (JOBDEF DUPL_JOB=DELAY|NODELAY as of
OS/390 release 3 - 1997) and with z/OS 2.4, you can exempt a particular job
from duplicate job delays using the JES2 POLICY function.

Tom Wasik