From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Elaine Beal <elaine.b...@gxs.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 11:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Unable to ALLOC dsn without new

I give up :), asking for help

Defining a new user and logon proc issues

SET &DSNAME = &SYSUID..ISPTABL
ALLOC FI(ISPPROF) SHR  DA('&DSNAME.')

the dsn is new and evidently the alloc fails

but i can manually alloc a new dsn without the new parm (under another ID)

if I try a manual allocate with the failing ID (and no new parm), it fails with

ALLOC FI(ISPPROF) SHR  DA('gayleyc.isptabl')
 DATA SET GAYLEYC.ISPTABL NOT IN CATALOG OR CATALOG CAN NOT BE ACCESSED
 ENTER DATA SET NAME -

I thought you had to have the new parm but i can ALLOC a new dsn under another
id without it.

The ALLOC proc works on another LPAR.

Thanks,
Elaine