Have you tried other browsers, i.e. older version of IE?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Gord Neill
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2020 12:51 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Edit the OSA/ICC definitions using the HMC

[External Email. Exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments.]

Hi,
I'm trying to edit the the OSA-ICC configuration on the HMC for a zBC12, and I
can get to the panel for Import / Export / Edit / Validate, but when I select
Edit Source file, the same panel expands a little bit, but there is no other
panel that opens up to show the source file.  When select Cancel, essential
nothing happens - I select Cancel many, many, many times, and eventually I get
back to the panel that allows for Manual Configuration Options.

In the HMC guide it says that SSLv3 and RC4 must be enabled, and they are.
I've allowed Pop-Ups from Firefox  (and Chrome and IE, still didn't work),
enabled as much as I could see in the current version of Java, still no change.
 I'm using Remote Access to the HMC if that has any bearing on things.

These are the steps I was following:
1. Log on to the HMC, select the CPC, and open the OSA Advanced Facility.
2. Select the OSC CHPID to export the OSA-ICC configuration file.
3. Select Card specific advanced facilities.
4. Select Manual configuration options and click OK 5. The Manual Configuration
Options window opens, and I select Edit Source File

I asked one of my customers to try to do the Edit Source File on their zBC12,
same results - they were not able to edit the configuration, as no edit window
appears.  They were also working with a Remote connection to the HMC.

Any suggestions muchly appreciated!

--
Gord Neill | Senior I/T Consultant | GlassHouse Systems
Tel: +1 (416) 229-2950 x306 | Mobile: +1 (416) 347-8454

________________________________
[https://secureimages.mcafee.com/common/affiliateImages/mfe/logo.png]<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
  Scanned by
McAfee<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
 and confirmed virus-free.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.