From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Pommier, Rex
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 12:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CA Broadcom Replacement Software

I'm going to *slightly* disagree with the multi windows instead of a session
manager.  Session manager gets closer to a single signon because it can mask
signing on to everything.  It also typically has a longer timeout and can
seemingly withstand a network drop.  I'm currently experiencing multiple WAN
drops to work daily.  My TN3270 sessions lose connectivity when the network
drops so once the network is back I have to disconnect/reconnect my TN3270
connections but our session manager just drops me right back where I was.

Rex