First off, thank you to all that responded to this inquiry.

Some additional information:

On our systems that are still running on the z/14 processor, the triplets,
Offset, Length, and Count are all present in the SMF type 30 record.

The products in question are using the unauthorized method of zEDC
compression and de-compression.  In order to get the use of the facility, it
was

Necessary to add FPZ.ACCELERATOR.COMPRESSION Read access the specific
started tasks.  This was necessary in the pre z/15 days.  For SMF type 30
records created on non z/15 processors,

All 3 fields are filled in with data.  With the compression now incorporated
in the z/15 hardware, we have seen only the Offset and length fields filled
in.  I need to point out that only the un-authorized tasks exhibit this

Anomaly.  The reference material I have viewed is
https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zOSV2R4sa2313
77/$file/ieac100_v2r4.pdf .

It's not a big issue, just that how do we know if compression is really
taking place

Sincerely;

Kenneth J. Kripke