> IMO, you could replace all your JCL with REXX code.

You'd have a hard time with scheduling if you tried that.

> But then the programmer needs to be a REXX expert

Why? Most users aren't JCL experts. Besides, in some ways REXX is simpler.

> Hum, how do the Windows experts "restart" a "job" that fails?

How does z/OS? There are stringent limitations on checkpoint restart. Step
restart is less constrained but not always appropriate.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3