Not the best, but the closest I could find:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.4.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r4.ieag400/iea3g447.htm

Your installation chooses the number of systems that must see the
RSA-message before a system sends a *“shoulder-tap”, an acknowledgement
that it has received the RSA-message*, to the originating system. Assuming
that the number of systems is two, the next system in the ring sends the
shoulder-tap to the originating system.