From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Feller, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 10:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Question about LPAR weights and LPAR group controls [EXTERNAL]

This message was sent from an external source outside of Western & Southern's
network. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender
and know the contents are safe.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jerry, from what I recall the define capacity is related to what you want to
limit the lpar to for MSU usage.  You can have an lpar as part of a group that
is capped plus you can cap the lpar itself.  I've done that before.  If I read
your email correctly you have a group capacity of 20 MSU which is less then the
defined capacity.  If that is true I find it interesting that the HMC would let
you do that.  My comments are based on what I understand related to group
capacity stuff and defined capacity stuff.

>From the help screen on the HMC: Defined capacity - The measure of processor
>resource consumption for a logical partition, expressed in millions of service
>units (MSU) per hour.

Thanks..

Paul Feller
GTS Mainframe Technical Support