My poor and limited experience with DLm was related to performance:
I started with single data stream (IEBDG job or similar).
Obviously there was a point of saturation, I mean adding next data stream did not increase overall throughput. Even decreased it slightly. Of course adding any workload to a hardware box will decrease it for other tasks. This is another variant of "there is no free lunch" proverb, IMHO. However there is simple solution for that: just take care about the schedule. Do not start heavy tasks concurrently.
I know, easy to say but sometimes hard to do. :-)

Last, but not least: Michael pointed important difference - I mean ATL and MTL definitions.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)