>It was a decision made above my level and somewhat political and before I
>started working at this site.
>From what I understand the operations manager did not what the operators
>responsible for reacting to console messages, they'd contact the >systems
>group, day or night on some highlighted checks till my predecessor just never
>started HC, when I performed the first upgrade on my 2 >PROD LPARS I started
>HC and all He$$ broke loose. if I ever get time to manage the HC checks I may
>revisit this, but for now, it's just not on my >radar with new hardware and
>new OS installs and I'm.....that guy, the only guy

Valid concern with mostly needless off-shift calls home.   We had same issue.
We suppressed any HC messages from showing up on their consoles.   *We* as the
keepers of the environment find them very helpful finding problems, but to be
used by operations staff for us is bad use of time.   We use Omegamon
situations forwarded to SiteScope for stuff we deem critical enough to be paged
out for.