Am I missing something... does IEHLIST LISTVTOC give you what you need? See
here
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.1.0?topic=statements-listvtoc-statement

  //VTOCLIST JOB  ...
  //STEP1    EXEC PGM=IEHLIST
  //SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=A
  //DD2      DD  UNIT=*disk*,VOLUME=SER=111111,DISP=OLD
  //SYSIN    DD  *
       LISTVTOC   FORMAT,VOL=*disk*=111111
       LISTVTOC   DUMP,VOL=*disk*=111111,DSNAME=(SET1,SET2,SET3)
  /