On 4/28/21 4:58 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
set ssh proxy environment variables

The "ssh proxy environment variables" causes me to wince. Yes, they are environment variables which used in conjunction with SSH. But, the environment variables aren't used by or referenced by the SSH client binary program in any way. This is in stark contrast with the other *_PROXY environment variables listed on the page, which are referenced by the various client binary programs.

My experience has been that trying to keep the syntax, escaping, et al. correct for -- what is ultimately -- a long / complex command line is problematic.

I would *HIGHLY* advocate for putting the necessary configuration options in a configuration file and pointing the SSH client at said config file with a simple "-F /path/to/file". -- Even pointing to the config file might not be necessary if you use one of the default locations that the SSH client binary will automatically look at.

I now turn the soapbox over to the next person with a grievance to air.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die