4) z15 System Recovery Boost (which I guess the sales folks thought would be fun to call SRB) can use zIIP's for general CP work around IPL time.

On 5/15/2021 6:31 PM, Andrew Rowley wrote:
On 15/05/2021 3:33 pm, David Crayford wrote:

I don't believe that is true. zIIP engines give you 3 things:

1) Savings in software cost.
2) Full speed CPUs, if your general purpose CPs are not full speed
3) Very often, they are less utilized than the general purpose CPs so you spend less time waiting for dispatch.