Hello Peter,

I see there is some information in the I & C guide regarding having to
enable extended bin support to have the bin numbers be automatically
appended:

EXTENDEDBIN(YES)
Enables DFSMSrmm extended bin support, which allows the reuse of bins at
the start of a move.
When extended bin support is enabled, DFSMSrmm records additional
information in the volume and
bin record while a volume is moving from or to a bin-managed storage
location.
Do not enable extended bin support until you have made sure that the same
level of code has been
installed for all the DFSMSrmm systems that share a control data set.
Once it is enabled, extended bin support cannot be disabled.
Extended bin support must be enabled, if you want to use DFSMSrmm parmlib
OPTION command
REUSEBIN(STARTMOVE) operand to reuse bins when a volume moves from a bin.

Best Regards,
   Michael Scott
Senior Software Engineer, DFSMS