Hi Cheryl,
  I think the issues and its really outside of this scope, but I am the ONLY
system programmer at my shop.  I maintain all 7 z/OS lpars with 3 z/OS
releases, including the care and installation of VM 7.1.

I am also the Operator, HMC, Do IPLs, RACF, CICS, OMVS,  HSM, SMS, DASD, ETC, I
dabble in DB2, MQ and WAS (but not all that great) and am the only person who
does SMPE installs and installations.

We only run 2 ISV products  QW and Micro focus. So that simplifies things.

So unfortunately, my core skillset, I use, instead of the z/OSMF click type,
with the latest SDSF screens over the past releases, everything is a screen
away.

For z/OSMF I have setup/used in a past life at Chase Bank, but now I find there
is no real need because of everything else I am doing. But it looks like IBM is
now forcing that issue.......

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support: