From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Colin Paice
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 2:30 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Serverpac installs January 2022 and beyond (+hungry ZOWE concerns)

Caution! This message was sent from outside your organization.

I've been working with the performance person... I'll raise an RFE (or two) and
post the number here.
I also see lots of "set_timer" ( about 100 a second!) and lots of
pause-resumes. I havent pinned it down yet.  Maybe each thread wakes up to see
if it has work to do (rather than a post-wait model)! Im guessing it comes from
pthread_cond_timedwait64(..) in java threads, but cant get
closer than that.   There is also a lot of "stat" activity looking for info
on a file perhaps, but havent tracked that down either.

I think IBM could reduce the CPU significantly if they had a cross lab team
to look into it.   Most of the activities I see in the trace should not be
there for a well tuned system!
Colin