ah YUP!

I was going to add, when I did a short jaunt with IGS, most of the IBM sysprog's never heard of ServerPac and most never provided or worked with a custompac install.

The clients systems are built based on what the client needs, sometime just the base system, sometimes the base+OEM products, that info is provided to another IBM service that builds the system, then restored to the clients systems using Txxxxx and Dxxxxx volumes. so the customer is not really involved.

  Curious where z/osmf will participate, if at all in these scenario's

unfortunately and somewhat fortunate for me I've worked at a lot of different sites, only when I was 'THE GUY" did the install process stay the same from company to company. :)

I think, with anything else new, z/osmf once embarrassed, installing the OS and products will be somewhat like 'those' platforms.

Carmen