> 3. I found another mystery, which seems to be APARable:
> But this statement gives zero records. Note, I added "OR" conditions, so
  it cannot narrow the output.

Radoslaw,

I would respectfully disagree with that statement. I explained the quirks
of having Variable record lengths have on the comparison tests.  Use the
control cards that I showed and if you are still NOT getting the right
results, then please open a case with IBM support.
IMHO you wouldn't need that, but just in case !

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation