On the DCOLLECT
> input records the date is in the 'yyyydddF' format and the space fields
are
> 4 byte long signed. I am pretty sure that there is a way to tell DFSORT
> make that translation but I am having no luck with the manual.
> Any suggestions?

Jack,

That is a  standard Y4U format date in DFSORT.

So something like this will convert to Gregorian format (CCYY-MM-DD) and if
you want it in Julian date then use TOJUL instead of TOGREG

P,Y4U,TOGREG=Y4T(-),

where P = position of the date field

Here is the link to the description of  Y4U

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=descriptions-dfsort-data-formats

As for allocated space field it is simple Binary field, So depending on the
size you can convert it to readable format

P,M,BI,M10,LENGTH=12

where P = position of the allocated space field and M = length of the field
( 4 or 8)     and M10 is an edit mask with leading zeros suppressed and the
output is a readable format field of 12 bytes.  You can control the width
of the display by changing the length.

DISPLAY operator of DFSORT can report the value in MB or in GB also.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development