Despite this existing, for a 'hot topic/area' like this, I'm sure big shops
will wait for official solutions from IBM/Broadcom/Rocket/etc.

Honestly, z/OS is an absolute marvel and it kills me to see werido solutions
being built on top of z/OS, claiming to be the new interface to Z.

Look at a few Ansible scripts for example... it's 100 times simpler to just
script a solution with JCLs, REXX, and what-not.
Instead, we have this monstrosity called ported Python with ZOAU, and then
Ansible on top.
YAML annoys me to no end. It's incredibly ridiculous to see a simple SMPE job
being wrapped in layers upon layers of what-the-hell just so 'new people' can
call it from Python and call it DevOps.

Sorry, I don't mean to talk ill about people's work; it's just that it's hard
to see this happen knowing that IBM and the mainframe software folks are
capable of far more.

- KB