From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Bob
Bridges [robhbrid...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2021 1:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Programs that work right the first time.

Actually, that's not a bad point; I didn't think of it when I posted
originally (a post I'm sorely tempted to regret now, by the way, if only I
went in for that sort of thing) but my 40-line programs are that short only
because they depend on external routines that are much longer.  More of my
REXXes than not, for example, use a one-line call to read the entirety of an
external file onto the stack, and another one to put the new contents of the
stack into a temporary a file and display it in View.  The lines between are
the ones that read, process and display.  So even the allegedly simple 40
lines have a lot more going on than just that.

---

/* Formal courtesy between husband and wife is even more important than it
is between strangers.  -Lazarus Long */