A developer is having an issue with a program.

The odd thing is that if he reruns the job it works. One thing worthy of note
is that the input is 2 concatenated sequential datasets. The second one is
empty.

I am thinking that at one time I read that if a data set is allocated (IEFBR14
perhaps) but has yet to be opened it will be missing the end of file indicator,
which can cause problems for a program that reads it.

Am I remembering correctly, or is my old brain making this up? Hey, I'm 70 I
have an excuse if my memory is failing.

Jeffrey Holst
Infrastructure Configuration Consultant
Technology and Operations, Shared Services

PNC Bank
Columbus Whitehall Service Center 1
4661 E Main St
Columbus, OH 43213
(614) 856-5443
jeffrey.ho...@pnc.com<mailto:jeffrey.ho...@pnc.com>

Mainframe "One-Stop-Shop"   (REQUEST FORMs, online manuals, training, etc...)
https://collab.pncint.net/sites/DOT/ZAcademy/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/ProductPages/Home.aspx

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under
Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or
service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US
law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic
messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com