Just a word of thanks to the IBM heavyweights (Jim, Peter, Sri, et. al.) to
whom a debt of gratitude is owed for their deep-water expertise, patience, and
willingness to share knowledge when they undoubtedly have many other things to
work on.

I suspect there are many subscriber motivations for posting on this forum, some
obvious and simple: wrestling with a problem for days and pulling hair out,
making known a potentially serious 'gotcha', or 'Hey, that happened to me!' and
therefore sharing the love. There are undoubtedly other motivations for posting
that are not so obvious, and disappointingly some of these often muddy the
waters and result in very large waste-of-time threads for the vast majority of
subscribers, but might however serve to satisfy the personal and non-technical
needs of a few folks.

Charles' suggestion of a 'Like' button hit the nail on the head. A mechanism
for informing personally needy folks that they are no longer enlightening, but
instead engaging in an unwelcome behavior. Yes, they did play well with others
for a while, but eventually felt a  compelling need to make love to their egos
in a public forum, a forum designed to assist folks with deeper technical
issues.

The downside is often evidenced by a dozens of emails rather than 5 or 10.  A
much more serious downside is that the patience of our excellent IBM resources
might eventually wear thin, I know mine would.

HTH,
Mike