Between steps can't be pipes, can be VIO. Between jobs can be pipes, can't
be VIO.

That second sentence depends on the ability to schedule two jobs (possibly
originally steps of the same job) alongside each other.

Fun stuff but / and somewhat complex - which is what inspired me to start
writing what would become SG24-2557 Parallel Sysplex Batch Performance in
late 1990. :-)

I did a lot of presenting on Pipes to individual customers and conferences
in the 1990s. It would be fun to do it again... :-)

Cheers, Martin

Sent from my iPad

<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:39:17 -0500, Hobart Spitz wrote:
>>
>> Intra-JOB pipe - This would be similar to VIO; it doesn't exist
otherwise.
>> I think it would be a great feature.
>>
> Between steps?  One might just as well use VIO.
>
> -- gil

> send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAINUnless
> stated otherwise above:
741598.