From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Skip Robinson [jo.skip.robin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 3:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PL/I vs. JCL

90% of execs are run by general users 90% of the time, either explicitly
from 'command line' or implicitly from an ISPF panel. Some of these folks
may be more or less exec savvy, but most just want an exec to perform some
business task with minimal fuss. They don't know or want to know how the
sausage is made. Just add a touch of mustard and move on. My job as a
sysprog is to install exec updates as transparently as possible with little
fanfare. Users are capable of adapting to change, but they have other
issues to deal with. Let's be kind to them.

Skip Robinson
323-715-0595