I've never actually encountered 'time sharing' in the flesh, but my
understanding is that it involve(s/d) a single address space that multiple
users logged on to. The monitor (or whatever the top dog was called) would
divvy up resources among users and dispatch them. In other words, it looked
a lot like modern CICS. TSO/E OTOH gives each user her own address space
with support directly from the OS. 'TSO' handles only logon/logoff. Like
CICS.

--

Skip Robinson
323-715-0595