Hey Dave
 I ordered both, and you are right in 4 hours I had my z/OS loaded and IPLed at
least the initial IPL in test.  However

I wanted to try z/OSMF and I actually like the dataset naming flexibility, much
better than the dialogs and Alias's discovery.

But all the background dataset checking that use to be done in the first
SERVERPAC job, IE validate your configuration/Catalog setup, that is driving me
insane.

That and in my mind when I build a software instance, not everything that the
SERVERPAC downloads is copied/used.

IBM seems to force copying the CPAC and SMPE files, when I only want the SYS1
datasets and OMVS.

Lastly and there are many takes on this from SYSTEM Programmers, But I only
ever have one DISTRIBUTION zone and it matches my 2-3 target zones/RES vol sets.

This is because I always want to make sure no-one restores from the wrong
DLIBS..  So I don’t ever copy these when I clone either.

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support:
ACIWorldwide – Telecommuter