This is a new one for me.

I have a customer that has sites in both the US and Canada. In the last week, something strange has happened in their files TWICE.

They are using CICS to add a new vendor to an IMS database. The next time they try to access the vendor record, the terminal session gets a prog-something because the customer name now has a x'1A' in the name where it should have been an apostrophe. TN3270 just does not like a x'1A' in a data field.

For example:
GROUT.S WELDING LIMITED
CDDEE1E4ECDCCDC4DCDCECC44
79643A2065349570394935400

I asked if they are creating new vendor records via an off-platform feed, but they say the are keying them manually in a CICS terminal session.

I do know that both times this has happened, the vendor was a Canadian supplier so maybe this has something to do with French keyboards? (Grasping for straws, maybe?)

Anybody seen this or think they may know what is happening?

Tony Thigpen