From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Lionel B. Dyck
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 5:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Redbooks Rumor

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the Texas Comptroller's email
system.
DO NOT click links or open attachments unless you expect them from the sender
and know the content is safe.

I agree with Cheryl that Redbooks have been some of the BEST documentation
available from IBM. What I am curious about is if IBM is going to transition
the Redbooks into something better. With the web there are many more
opportunities to provide documentation that contains the Redbook content but in
more usable (and searchable) formats. If that is their plan then I'm on board
but if they are going to do away with Redbooks, or make them marketing guides,
then the IBM customer community needs to take a stand and let IBM know that
they are making a significant mistake that *will* impact their future growth of
the platform.

Lionel B. Dyck <><
Website:
https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lbdsoftware.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.watkins%40CPA.TEXAS.GOV%7C2e3a6dbe5e3c42ad8d0d08d9a04a716a%7C2055feba299d4d0daa5a73b8b42fef08%7C0%7C0%7C637717063875460424%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=kQ5qQ8b69SI%2F0CyUPvczqR%2BOoKhBr31v5Mjd%2BpCMBBk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Github:
https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Flbdyck&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmichael.watkins%40CPA.TEXAS.GOV%7C2e3a6dbe5e3c42ad8d0d08d9a04a716a%7C2055feba299d4d0daa5a73b8b42fef08%7C0%7C0%7C637717063875460424%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=bF8E7Q2nVxMUbzidS3mxL010xaQuGxC5LQsCyX5qV0I%3D&amp;reserved=0

"Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you
are, reputation merely what others think you are."   - - - John Wooden